Our Physical Education Vision:
At Jerome Primary we strive to provide an exciting Physical Education curriculum that our pupils can enjoy, enabling all pupils to achieve success.
We ensure our children participate in regular physical activity and encourage competitive sport. We aim to instill into our pupils the spirit of true sportsmanship: honesty, teamwork, respect, self-belief, passion and determination.
The impact of Sports Premium spending at Jerome:
- New playground equipment for lunchtimes.
- New and better equipment to use in lessons and after school clubs.
- A wide range of new equipment for children in Early Years.
- The introduction of an Early Years P.E programme.
- The introduction of a whole school scheme of work - with clear sequencing and progression of skills.
- Direct intervention sessions to support specific children in physical education, led by qualified coaches.
- Sports coaches to provide more opportunities for sports clubs and local competition.
- Introduction of a range of school teams including: football, hand ball, rugby and cross country.
- A school MUGA - Multi Use Game Arena. Allowing all weather sports and increased access to outdoor PE.
In the near future we will be spending money on:
- Training days and courses for new teachers to help us to provide P.E lessons of the highest quality across the school.
- Extra sports provision for KS1 - with a focus on competitive sport and teams.
- Training for sports leaders, play leaders and lunchtime supervisors to enable us to provide quality lunchtime and playtime activities for all pupils.
- Youth Sport Membership to enable us to have access to wider spanning training and resources.
What effect has this already had on participation of sports?
- The profile of P.E and sport has been raised within school.
- The number of children attending each of our extra-curricular sports clubs has increased.
- We have appointed children to be Sports Leaders who facilitate clubs on the playground for example; Skipping, Tri-Golf, Basketball, Football and Multi-Skills.
- We have introduced more intra-school competitions (Cross Country, Archery, Football, Netball, Tag Rugby, Athletics, Gymnastics and Rounder's). This has enabled more pupils to take part in competitive sport.
- We have been able to take more than one team to several events and competitions.
- This year we have continued to enter extra leagues, for example the Cannock leagues for Football and Netball.
- We have gained our 'Gold School Games Mark' award for the second year running.
Please use the hyperlinks below to view our more detailed plans -
Hussey Road, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 9TP