Over the course of the year our sports company, Progressive Sports, run a variety of different clubs for different year groups. These clubs often include key coaching to enable our children to gain the relevant skills to enter tournaments and compete against other schools. These have included;
- Quick cricket
- Tri golf
- Tag rugby
- Cross country
Our girls football team have been particularly successful, twice competing against other schools at St Georges Park, in the final stages of a school to school tournament.
School and staff offer a variety of clubs over the year. In recent years these have included:
- Choir – the children have entered Young Voices for the past 4 years – performing at local theatres for a full audience, this is a great experience for the children each year.
- Brass club – an outside agency provides KS2 with the opportunity to learn how to play a brass instrument. Children perform for their classmates and parents in assembly.
- Cookery – run by school staff to support the children’s life skills. This was well attended by children from all year groups.
- Art – staff have held art clubs and have entered many art competitions.
- Drama – staff share their love for drama with children from different year groups. The children have produced many plays and productions for the rest of the school and parents.
- Karate – run by an external provider. Resulting in two children entering the European Championships.
- Y6 booster groups – run by school staff to support children with revision in the immediate run up to SATs week.
- Golf - run by a professional golf coach, offering a sport not covered on the National Curriculum.
- Cricket - run by a member of staff, who is a qualified Cricket coach.
Hussey Road, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 9TP